Jody H. Chesnov CPA
Jody H Chesnov, CPA, Managing Partner of Rosenberg Chesnov, has been with the firm since 2004. After a career of public accounting and general management, Jody knows the value of good financials. Clarity, decision making, and strategy all start with the facts – Jody has been revealing the facts and turning them into good business results for more than three decades.
He takes a pragmatic approach to accounting, finance and business. His work has supported many companies on their path to growth, including helping them find investors, manage scaling and overcome hurdles. His experience and passion for business reach beyond accounting and he helps businesses focus on what the numbers mean organizationally, operationally and financially.
He has a particular expertise in early-stage growth companies. His strengths lie in cutting through the noise to come up with useful, out of the box, solutions that support clients in building their businesses and realizing their larger visions.
His experience includes:
- Advising growth companies on financial and operational strategies to help maximize their investments.
- Discovering non-conventional revenue streams and growth opportunities.
- Developing creative solutions to organizational challenges.
- Clarifying financials and turning accounting data into meaningful, usable information.
- Supporting companies raising money through due diligence and through the investment cycle.
- Helping owners plan liquidity events and exits while maximizing their gains from a deal structuring perspective.
- Keeping companies compliant with tax and government regulations.
Jody also has a long history of helping individuals manage their taxes and plan their finances including:
- Filing quarterly and annual taxes.
- Income tax planning and strategy.
- Deal structuring.
- Audit support.
- Financial and planning advice.
Prior to joining the firm in 2004, Jody was in the private sector where he held senior financial and management positions including General Manager, Chief Financial Officer and Controller. He has experience across industries, which gives him a deep understanding of business.
Jody graduated with a BBA in Accounting from Baruch College, he is a CPA and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
In addition to delivering above and beyond accounting results, Jody is a member of the NYSCPA’s Emerging Tech Entrepreneurial Committee (ETEC), Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee and Family Office Committee.
He is an angel investor through the Westchester Angels, and has served as an advisor for many startup companies and as a mentor through the Founders Institute.
Take control of your finances with accounting that delivers
Get a free consultation – it costs nothing but may be the most valuable thing you have done all year.