You should receive information about your stimulus payment from the IRS about now. Many payments went out last week.
The IRS says they plan to make additional rounds of payments by direct deposit and paper checks WEEKLY.
To check on your payment, it is nearly impossible to call the IRS and get a representative on the phone but there is a way to check online.
If you have not received your stimulus check yet, Please visit the IRS.gov website to check your status.
If you filed a 2018 or 2019 Return
Select the Get My Payment tab to
- Check your payment status
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
- Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if they don’t have your direct deposit information from your previously filed tax returns and we haven’t sent your payment yet.
If you did not file a 2018 or 1029 tax return because you had no income or were not required to file, select the Non-Filers: Enter payment info here tab to determine your eligibility and send you your Stimulus check.
You will need to provide:
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type, and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year if you have one
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse